At first glance Bangkok, Thailand, is a beautiful mixture of ancient and modern traditions, lifestyles and experiences. Hidden behind the buzz of this mega-city are broken and exploited lives. WMF is committed to building relationships with Thai people, to walking hand-in-hand with them in friendship, and to loving in Christ. We dream of the day that these relationships move the hearts of the Thai people and inspire them to reach out in love and reconciliation as a protest against the mass exploitation of women, men and children in their city.
- WMF Thailand seeks to walk with Jesus among the at-risk children and exploited families of Bangkok. Through relationships and community we hope to love the broken and empower the voiceless.
- Street Outreach establishes and deepens relationships with families who beg on the street mainly in the notorious red-light district, putting children and women at great risk for sexual exploitation. In valuing relationships we consistently visit our friends on the streets where they beg to offer encouragement, prayer and service. As relationships grow we begin making home visits, hoping to build bridges into these at-risk communities.
- Our home in Thailand serves also as a place to invite women into community with us. We long “to set the lonely in family.” In our home, Servant Team members, staff members and women in need are able to receive safety, relationship and community.
- WMF Thailand takes part in the San Jai Network, a network of over 70 Christian organizations working in Thailand and surrounding countries. The San Jai network is a Thai foundation focused on information sharing, partnership and working together. Our Servant Teams have begun to serve with the Jai Samarn Church, a large active Thai Church that is faithful to planting churches and reaching out to many of the communities in which our friends live.
- Beggars Society is a monthly gathering where we discuss issues regarding poverty such as exploitation, human trafficking and slavery. We invite guest speakers and discuss issues as a platform for seeking change in the world. Beggars Society is a place of discussion and opportunities for having hard conversations, which comes naturally when discussing issues of injustice because time after time we realize there are no quick fixes or easy solutions. But having places where we can begin discussing and conversing is at least a beginning and creates a platform for moving forward.